Sunday, September 12, 2010

Entry 3

Saturday June 5th:

Week ended well enough, went out Thursday to this bar called The Box, drank beer and played "Sorry" with David, it was awesome, especially when we turned it into a drinking game. We returned Friday and ate some AMAZING pizza, then prepared for a night on the town with the whole group for Katie's B-Day. Wasn't too thrilled but I made an effort. Ended up talking people out of KunDu and just hit up Ganesha Bar and this hostel/restaurant/bar called "The Hump." Was alright, TONS of foreigners. Zack's friend was pretty cool, crazy Boston accent, and all eyes on the girls. Mostly uneventful, met some Kiwis though, really love that accent.

Then today we got up and went to Stone Forest, Shilin. The drive up was amazing, all the farm land, lush green, and it was foggy, adding to the mystique. One moment I wish I'd gotten on camera was a picturesque rice paddies with a lone farmer carrying a hoe over his shoulder, wearing one of those nifty hats, man it was beautiful. Then we arrived and it was awesome and my camera definitely died...yeah, I ended up off by myself, climbed these steps for what seemed forever, and came upon a truly spectacular sight. I crested this hill I'd been climbing, and it looked down on the Stone Forest, just laid out down below. I sat down and there were little pools in all the rocks, different sizes, and as the water dripped down into them, it made a melody I'll never forget. I was amazed and calm, peaceful, serene. My zen moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment